Apply For Housing Here
Choose Your Language
PRE-APPLICATIONS FOR LAFAYETTE HOUSING AUTHORITY (LHA)
Online Waiting List Pre-Application
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Written requests for persons with disabilities or persons needing assistance must be put in writing to the LHA Office.
Before you begin the application process, please have available your
social security card, names and
dates of birth of all family members. Also you will
need income of all family members. Make sure you have typed
correctly all information.
Have paper and pen ready to write down your confirmation number.
Submit only ONE application to the Lafayette Housing Authority (LHA). Duplicate
forms will not be accepted.
Applications can be made online the first Wednesday of the month between 8am-10am Eastern time. Applicants will receive a confirmation number to acknowledge successful transmission of the application. By submitting this pre-application information, you are not guaranteed placement on any waiting list.
Maintaining Your Status on the Waiting List
If you are added to the waiting list, you will be notified by mail when your name comes to the top of the waiting list. Also, if we are updating our files you will be notified by mail. If you do not respond to our notifications, or your letter is returned undeliverable, your name will be removed from the waiting list. You may update family information at any time through our applicant portal.
- An applicant must qualify as an individual or family as defined by LHA.
- Head of household must be at least 18 years of age at the time of this pre-application or an emancipated minor by a court of competent jurisdiction, consistent with Indiana law.
- Family’s annual income cannot at the time of admission, exceed the established income limits according to the maximum income by family size, established by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). The family must meet HUD income limits.
- Applicant and all adult members of the family must pass a criminal background check.
- Applicant or any member of the family that has ever been convicted of manufacturing or producing methamphetamine on the premises of any federally-assisted housing or any family household member that is subject to a lifetime registration requirement under a state sex offender registration program will not be eligible for housing assistance.
- Applicant and all members of the family must provide proof of legal identity and documentation of social security numbers for all family members (or certify that they do not have social security numbers) at the time of full application eligibility interview.
- Applicant and all members of the family must meet HUD requirements on citizenship or immigration status.
- Applicant or any member of the family who currently owes rent or other amounts to LHA or any other housing authority will not be offered assistance until the outstanding balance is paid in full.
Please visit LHA’s website for additional information on the program.
The Lafayette Housing Authority does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, marital status, familial status, national origin, age, pregnancy, disability, ancestry, or sexual orientation in the access to, admission into, or employment in housing programs or activities.
Enter your Agent Code here...